Big Buck Contest
The Selma Times Journal and
BIG BUCK CONTEST 2012 RULES
1. ALL participants MUST BE REGISTERED AT ROUNTREE OUTDOORS AND PRESENT REGISTRATION
TICKET STUB AT MIMS TAXIDERMY WHEN SUBMITTING DEER TO BE SCORED.
2. Registration opens October 4, 2011. Contest (scoring) begins Friday October 15th ends Jan. 31st @ 9:00PM –
ALL deer must be scored by February 1st 2012 at 12:00 pm - NOON to be qualified for prizes.
3. Must comply with ALL state of Alabama Hunting and Conservation laws.
4. Must be your own fresh kill (within 24 hours no frozen head).
5. Must be registered 24 hours prior to scoring a deer.
6. Must have at least head and cape present
7. Deer must be taken in Alabama by the rules of fair chase which is OPEN RANGE ONLY.
8. Deer and Shooter Must be photographed (for newspaper) and all deer scored by Mark Mims of MIMS TAXIDERMY
located at Highway 22 West, Selma, AL - during regular business hours (Scored net typical only) ALL
SCORES ARE FINAL.
9. There will 2 separate categories and must be determined what age group you are entering at the time of registration.
15 and under (must be 15 or under to enter this category) or BIG BUCK OVERALL (any age) – If you wish to
enter BOTH categories, you must register (2 registrations required) for both.
10. Grand Prize will be taken by the BIGGEST BUCK OVERALL and this category must be checked on the registration
form at the time of registration.
11. $500.00 CASH prize will be awarded to the youth with the BIGGEST BUCK registered in the YOUTH category
at the time of registration.
If you do not comply with these rules you will automatically be disqualified.